At Tidal Tao, we are dilly, silly and plain old passionate about the ocean. We see young people exploring the ocean with so much patience and excitement. They naturally have a sense of wonder and an affinity for nature. Properly cultivated, these values can mature into ecological literacy, and eventually into sustainable patterns of living.
Children will inherit what we leave behind. And our educational program aims at making sure they inherit something wonderful. We offer a range of environmental education programs for school children of all ages as well as marine biology rocky shores walks. These walks are tailored to your specific group needs and led by expert marine guides and professional environmental educators.
Our coastline is a wilderness, a wilderness that rivals any game reserve or national park in it's size and diversity of animal species. A large focus of our work and efforts is to simply get people to explore our inter tidal zone, see what is under the water, the variety of life, change our perceptions about the ocean and myths about ocean living organisms. The fact is our coast and ocean does not enjoy the same conservation benefits as land based nature reserves because it is seen as “separate” “out there” …we want to change that and this is the focus of our environmental education programs.
Our Educational Tours For School Groups
- Our program includes two accredited guides to ensure small group size - our guides have exceptional knowledge and experience working with school groups
- Our program also includes the optional presence of a Lifeguard from the Specialised Rescue Unit for additional peace of mind and safety.
- Ultimately, all proceeds from our commercial environmental education programs go towards funding less privileged schools to have the same experience.
- This program is aimed at strengthening the skills associated with discovery, investigation and data recording – aligned to the CAPS goals of pursuit of new knowledge and understanding our world. The focus is, of course, to understand our natural world through Natural Sciences and Technology and most importantly, through fun outdoor adventures.
- For families and the general public, these walks are great options for learning more about our marine ecosystems and see some amazing creatures
- We have a range of educational materials which can be used by teachers post the trip and can also arrange for one of our team to visit your school and give a talk on marine biology and conservation related subjects.
We focus on ensuring children have fun and learn through discovery.